Pages

Join me in a quest to live comfortably and frugally on limited resources.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Comfrey Oil

Comfrey oil is reputed to be an effective treatment for insect bites, burns, lacerations, rashes, psoriasis, eczema,  swelling, bruises, sprains, and arthritis A quick check on the Internet reveals that it is pretty expensive. Getting some relief from arthritis pain would surely be welcome. I have lots of comfrey...everywhere. Before the frost gets it, I decided to try my luck at making my own oil.
Leaves were gathered, chopped and added to a quart of naturally pressed, extra virgin olive oil purchased at Sav-A-Lot for $8. I guess tomorrow I will dig up some of the comfrey roots to add to the leaves for added potency.
If anyone would like me to send them some root to plant, just send me an email. I'll be glad to send it if you send me an SASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment